Chili’s Grill & Bar has over 1,600 locations worldwide, each serving the flavors of the American Southwest. While this popular chain offers an extensive menu, vegans need an extra helping of patience as they go through their options.
However, when you find yourself at Chili’s, putting together a delicious vegan meal isn’t out of reach. From salads to side dishes and lots of plant-based spices and toppings, you’ll be full of your plate in no time at all. Here we offer every vegan item that you can order from Chili’s.
Top recommendation: fajitas with black beans and vegetables
The black bean patty in this dish is not vegetable. But even without the patty, queso fresco and Santa Fe sauce drizzle, you get a heaped plate of roasted asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, corn, black bean salsa and avocado.
You can replace the patty with a side made with real black beans or Mexican rice and beans, both of which are vegan. (Chilli’s version of Mexican rice is full of flavor as it is flavored with tomato sauce, onion, and cayenne pepper.)
Make your own plant-based burrito bowl. First, order a garden salad and make sure that all the ingredients are vegan. Add Mexican beans and rice as a second layer. Once you’ve combined the two, add steamed broccoli, grilled asparagus, guacamole or avocado slices, and salsa. Make up for it all with an order of tortilla chips for crunch or corn on the cob without the milk additives.
We are happy that there is no shortage of vegan apps at Chili’s. Make sure to ask your server if any of these starters share a deep fryer with animal menu items.
- Bottomless Tostada Chips & Salsa
- Fresh guacamole & tostada chips
- Basket with french fries
- Fried cucumber (order without ranch dressing.)
These chilli classics happen to be vegan and are served in large quantities.
- Veggie Fajitas (Except for the Black Bean Patty, which is not vegan.)
- Caribbean salad (order without meat or dairy products and the citrus balsamic vinaigrette dressing.)
- Santa Fe Salad (order without meat or dairy products and the citrus balsamic vinaigrette dressing or the homemade BBQ sauce.)
Vegan side dishes
Mix and match chillies in small plates for a nice balance between starch and fresh vegetables.
- Mexican rice & beans
- Black beans
- Flour tortillas
- Natural corn tortillas
- Side of guacamole
- Steamed broccoli
- Grilled asparagus
- Roasted Sweet Corn (Be careful not to ask for butter or cheese.)
- Side Salad (Order without croutons or cheese and add Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette.)
- Fresh fruit (from the children’s menu)
- House salad (Don’t ask for croutons or cheese and request the citrus balsamic vinaigrette.)
Do you fancy a vegetable-based barbecue? Chilis Original and homemade BBQ sauces are vegan, so you can create a meal with black beans, french fries, non-dairy corn on the cob, grilled vegetable garnishes, tortillas and fried pickles.
Would you like an extra kick of spices, citrus fruits or flavor? Select the vegan spices here.
- Barbecue sauce
- Homemade BBQ sauce
- Citrus balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Garlic Dill Pickles
- Fresh pineapple
- Avocado slices
- Lime wedges
Refresh your taste buds with these juices and fountain sodas.
- Cola zero
- Diet Coke
- Dr. Pepper
- Apple juice
- Cranberry juice
- orange juice
frequently asked Questions
Are the fried cucumbers at Chili’s vegan?
You’re in luck – Chilis’ Fried Cucumbers are vegetable. Check with your local server if you have any cross-contamination concerns.
Is Chilis Burger with Black Bean Vegan?
Unfortunately, no. Chilli’s Black Bean Burger contains milk, which doesn’t make it vegan.