Ubisoft rolled out Far Cry 6 Update 3 on all platforms and we have the release notes.
The new major title update is now available for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. The size depends on the platform and varies depending on the language pack. On Xbox platforms, the new update weighs 10GB to 14GB while the PS5 update is 22.75GB. PS4 players will need to download between 15GB and 21GB of new data. On PC, the title update 3 weighs 8GB for those without the HD texture pack, while gamers will have to download 12.4GB of data with this additional pack.
As for the content of this new update – it mainly features changes to the quality of life on all platforms and bug fixes on all platforms. In addition, the patch contains both Xbox and PC-specific fixes. Below are the official release notes provided by Ubisoft:
Far Cry 6 Update 3 Release Notes PC / PS5 / PS4 / Xbox Series X | S / Xbox One / Luna / Stadia
Quality of life updates
- Made several adjustments to reduce the cases where HUD elements would be blocked or hidden e.g. B. when changing the region.
- When starting a special operation, the player who joins the co-op session will now be informed of which special operation is starting.
- Mission tracker icon and font size increased when using the Increased option for UI scaling and fonts in the Vision options menu.
- MSI Mystic Light RGB support has been added to the game.
New Utility Packs – To be released December 16:
- Base material package: 300 Far Cry Credits
- Extended material package: 1000 Far Cry Credits
- Special Material Package: 2000 Far Cry Credits
Yaran Pesos Package
- Small Yaran Pesos Package: 300 Far Cry Credits
- Medium Yaran Pesos Package: 500 Far Cry Credits
- Large Yaran Pesos Package: 1000 Far Cry Credits
- Fixed an issue that could result in NPC models being damaged when players entered a co-op session after prolonged co-op play.
- Fixed an issue that could result in enemies not appearing on the minimap during the Cocodrilo Special Operation.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the host being stuck on a black screen after pressing save and exit on the final display.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the achievements “Self Help,” “Dear Diary,” and “Freudian Field Day” not unlocking properly after meeting the required conditions.
- HD Texture Pack – Some assets appear blurry
- Developer Comment: We made a few changes to the HD Texture Pack on PC to reduce the blurring that some players experienced when using the HD Texture Pack. When we look at these reports, we see that gamers are using graphics cards with less than 12 GB of VRAM. If the HD Texture Pack is used with less than the minimum required available VRAM, the game’s performance and appearance may be worse than without the pack.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Target Type and Weapon Wheel Interaction options being reset to their default settings when restarting the game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Vaas: Insanity DLC to become unavailable when signing out and back in to the same Xbox Live profile.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being constantly prompted with an “Quit Game” message after restarting from sleep mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause weapons and weapon attachments to disappear.
Xbox Series X | S
- Fixed an issue that could result in the menu cursor getting stuck on the screen when opening the military escalation popup after loading a game save
Far Cry 6 is available now worldwide for PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Stadia and Luna.