My good friend Hannah just published her NINTH cookbook, and it’s a fall must-read. The vegan cheat sheet for everyday life is a delicious selection of one-pan wonders for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and even dessert. Enjoy her easy Vegan Banana Pancakes recipe as a sample!
Vegan Banana Pancakes are the easy way to perfect pancakes
As someone who prefers cooking in the oven to cooking on the stove, I was in recipe heaven reading this The vegan cheat sheet for everyday life. It contains dozens of ridiculously creative yet totally simple dishes that are helping me transform my eating routine.
I’ve already tagged Cauliflower Tempura, Tofu Caprese, Melty Za’atar Potatoes, Pumpkin Parker House Rolls, Harvest Tagine, Kabocha Gnocchi with Miso Browning Butter, Portobello Pepper Hash, New York Crumb Cake as recipes to go definitely have to try. But first, I think I’ll start my day with these Vegan Banana Pancakes!
Pancakes are a brunch favorite, but making them for a crowd is no easy task. Even with a large skillet or griddle, serving a warm short stack to everyone at the same time is almost impossible. Our solution? These Easy Sheet Pancakes – essentially a giant, fluffy, buttery pancake that you cut into squares and serve warm to friends and family. To achieve the signature golden brown color, we brushed the pancake with melted plant-based butter after baking and placed it under the grill for the finishing touch. Stick to the classic basic recipe or try one of our variations below. Regardless of your add-ins, be sure to serve with butter and maple syrup.
There is no “bad first pancake” in this recipe. Simply pop the batter into the oven for a whole tray of perfectly cooked pancakes with zero waste. If you’re not feeding a small army, you can cover and refrigerate the pancakes for a few days or freeze the squares. Frozen squares can be reheated in the toaster if you haven’t added chocolate or strawberries to your batch.
Advice for special diets: Vegan banana pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free/non-dairy, egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just make sure you select the dairy drink, butter alternative or oil and additives that meet your dietary needs.
Vegan Banana Pancakes
Author: Hannah Kaminsky
Recipe type: breakfast
- 3 very ripe, large bananas, divided
- 2 cups plain non-dairy milk drink
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup non-dairy butter alternative or coconut oil, melted and divided
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or sliced strawberries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and lightly grease a half sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, mash 2 of the bananas vigorously until fairly smooth. Mix in plant-based milk, vinegar, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons melted non-dairy butter alternative or coconut oil. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt separately in a large bowl. Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the dry products and use a wide spatula to mix. Stir until batter is just combined; A few lumps are perfectly fine and even desirable! Over-mixing is the sworn enemy of tender, fluffy pancakes.
- Pour the pancake batter onto your prepared sheet, spreading evenly to reach all sides in one smooth layer. Slice the remaining banana and sprinkle the rounds on top, followed by any other treats you wish to add.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown on the edges. Brush with the remaining vegan butter or coconut oil, set the grill to high and cook for a further 5 minutes to give the top a lovely golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing and stacking.
Serving size: 1 serving / 3 pancakes Calories: 320 Fat: 5.2g Saturated Fatty Acids: 1.3g Carbohydrates: 63.2g Sugar: 14.5g Sodium: 529mg Fiber: 3.6g Protein: 6.5g
More creative vegan recipes from Hannah Kaminsky
Margherita pizza dip
Vegan Hashbrown Waffles
Protein bar for cake batter